I love doing fun summer activities or just spending time relaxing in the sun. When the temperatures hit 90’s+, it’s important to keep your body cool and well-hydrated.
Instead of buying frozen treats that are loaded with added sugars, artificial colours and flavours, you can make your own cool summer treats that you and your family will love!
They are naturally sweetened with fruits, berries and a bit of raw honey, dairy-free, super-easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Not only do they perfectly quench thirst, each of its ingredients is a superstar of healthy nutrition: berries are filled with vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, orange contains vitamin C, raw honey is a source of antioxidants, enzymes and pre-biotics (food for good bacteria in your gut), and coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides and lauric acid, which help break down excess body fat.
Here’s the recipe to make 6 frozen popsicles (you will need ice pop molds)
– 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (let them thaw)
– 1/4 cup fresh fruit cut in small chunks (kiwi, peach, orange)
– 1/4 cup mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries), fresh or frozen
– 1 cup coconut cream, unsweetened (organic if possible)
– 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
– 1 tablespoon raw honey (Tip: honey will help prevent ice crystals in popsicles)
– pinch of sea salt
How to Make:
– Fill the ice pop molds with fruit chunks and berries up to about 1/4 of the mold
– Mix coconut cream, shredded coconut, orange juice, raw honey and salt in a blender until smooth
– Puree blueberries, other berries and fruit chunks separately in a blender
– Fill up ice pop molds alternating coconut cream mixture, berries and fruit to make fun colourful layers, or get creative and mix’n’match them your own way!
– Place the ice pop molds in the freezer for 2 hours or more until firm
To get your popsicle out of the mold easier, keep the frozen mold under warm (35° C / 95° F) running water for 30 – 60 sec
Enjoy these healthy treats guilt-free and keep cool in the summer!